26 Feb 2016

THE TALKING FLOWERS

The Central Saint Martins Foundation Diploma in Art & Design Final Exhibition 2015








The most vivid memories of my childhood were of my Grandmother’s beautiful garden in England. To me it was an impression of a wonderland. The blossoming flowers and their vibrant colours would come to life. It was a an enchanting experience, completely different from the metropolitan surroundings I grew familiar with in Hong Kong. I have interpreted this fond memory into a textiles statement necklace. This was done by using hand dyed silk fabrics and Japanese shibori textures to create my own floral wonderland.  

Cats and rabbits
Would reside in fancy little houses
And be dressed in shoes and hats and trousers
In a world of my own

All the flowers
Would have very extra-special powers
They would sit and talk to me for hours
When I'm lonely 
In a world of my own

There'd be new birds
Lots of nice and friendly
How-de-do do birds
Everyone would have
A dozen blue birds

Within that world of my own
I could listen to a babbling brook
And hear a song that I could understand
I keep wishing it could be that way
Because my world would be a wonderland

The Central Saint Martins Foundation Diploma in Art & Design Final Exhibition 2015
Photography at Central Saint Martins
Modle: Olga Karpukhova


No comments:

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM